Android 12 is available for Redmi Note 9 Pro and Redmi Note 9S.
The Redmi Note 9 Pro is an upper midrange phone that was released by Xiaomi in 2020. Key specs include the Snapdragon 720G SoC, 6.67″ 1080p LCD display, 64MP Samsung GW1 camera and a 5,000mAh battery with 33W fast charge.
The Redmi Note 9S on the other hand is the lite version of the Redmi Note 9 Pro. It was designed to be more affordable. Its key specs include the Snapdragon 720G SoC, 6.67″ 1080P LCD display, 48MP Samsung GM2 camera and a 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charge.
2 years support
Xiaomi phones are usually well supported with software updates, security patches and bug fixes. Most Xiaomi phones get around 2 years of updates even after they are no longer manufactured.
However, 2 years is a long time in tech and both phones are getting on in age now. This is most likely the last update for these phones but hey, Android 12 is available for Redmi Note 9 Pro and Redmi Note 9S.
Both phones shipped with Android 10 but were updated to Android 11 sometime in 2021. This update wasn’t very palatable (for me) as it caused the dreaded ghost touch issue on both devices. Something which wasn’t completely fixed.
That not withstanding, a lot of users celebrated when Xiaomi included both phones on the list of devices to get the Android 12 update. Celebrations gave way to doubt and despair as we waited and waited and waited… I had actually given up completely lol 😂.
Well the wait is over as I can confirm that the update files are available but you’re going to have to update manually.
- Redmi Note 9 Pro Android 12 download link (2.8GB)
- Redmi Note 9S Android 12 download link (2.8GB)
Danger: Please ensure that you download the correct file for your phone or you could damage it. Read link thoroughly before clicking!
How to update manually
- Download the update file using the download link. Use a good network connection and ensure that file is save to your internal storage.
- Go to settings >> about phones >> MIUI logo (top left corner) >> tap on MIUI logo till a message appears.
- Ensure data toggle is on.
- Tap on the three dots on the top left hand corner and tap on choose update package.
- Select the download file from your internal storage and that’s it. The operating system will start decrypting the file and will automatically install it for you.
Some steps to note before you update
- Confirm that an update is safe. Always confirm.
- Never be in a hurry to update and avoid Beta or Pilot programs.
- Update OTAs over good network (very necessary to avoid broken files that may cause you problems later)
- Ensure you have a lot of battery.
- When you’re done, let your phone sit for a few hours. It’s why it’s preferable to update at night.
- Force restart device
- Enjoy your phone
Thank you for reading to the end. As always, ensure to check out our links for more information
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow on Facebook
- Join our Telegram community
- Participate on Reddit
- Find us on Quora
- Follow us on Instagram
- Check out the Clubhouse as well
One thought on “Android 12 is available for Redmi Note 9 Pro”
How about a review of the software experience of android 12 for this device?